The mission of Blue Ridge Academy is to provide a safe, collaborative and individualized learning experience in partnership with families and the community. Our independent study model allows our students opportunities to grow in an environment of inclusion, individualization and accountability. We will provide support and resources to students and families to ensure success towards their goals academically, emotionally, and socially.
The vision of Blue Ridge Academy is to support and empower students to demonstrate the values and skills that promote knowledge and critical thinking. Our students are prepared to thrive in and contribute to their communities with kindness, respect, integrity and purpose.
Schoolwide Learner Outcomes
At Blue Ridge Academy, we have goals for our students that are known as Schoolwide Learner Outcomes (SLOs). SLOs are a part of our school culture: they reflect our school vision, the College and Career Readiness standards, and the education of the whole child.
Blue Ridge Students Are:
- Navigators of the Digital World - Navigators of the digital world who are proficient in the use of technology, media, and online resources.
- Self-Directed - Self-directed and motivated students who are able to set attainable goals to achieve academic success.
- Personalized Learners - Personalized learners who are able to thrive in the style of education that best fits their individual needs.
- Independent Critical Thinkers - Independent critical thinkers who have the ability to problem solve, take ownership, and apply their knowledge to a variety of problems.
- Responsible Citizens - Responsible citizens who demonstrate integrity and respect while actively seeking knowledge of local and global issues.
- Effective Communicators - Effective communicators who can thoughtfully articulate their thinking with confidence while collaborating with peers.
Blue Ridge Core Values
The Blue Ridge Academy leadership team is committed to the support of our students, staff, parents and community and are grounded in our actions through our team’s core values.
We believe in:
- Modeling integrity through respectful, kind, and supportive leadership
- Maintaining trust amongst all stakeholders through honest, transparent and collaborative decision-making
- Building a fair, inclusive, and equitable homeschool culture where our unique community of learners thrive with successful outcomes
- Cultivating a climate of ongoing learning that is nurtured through support and celebration of staff, students, and families